Project Description

I decided to try something different with this piece. Rather than starting with a sketch I began with a speed paint, just laying down the base colours, shades and features so I had the rough foundations to build upon. I then went over this adding more detail and refining each area until she was complete. The goal was to speed up the process for these portraits and I think that approach helped to do that.

I also wanted to make her a little more stylised. I feel that with some of my previous work the long neck I added was the only element which was out of proportion so it didn’t fit in, so this time I shortened the neck slightly but also adjusted the facial features too to balance out the whole painting.

Created entirely on the Wacom MobileStudio Pro using Photoshop.