This was one of the first project I worked on after I broke into the games industry back in 1993.
The idea was to take the data from the arcade machine of Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers and convert it to run on the Amiga 500 and 1200, which in theory seemed a pretty streight forward task.
In reality what we had were a series of scrambled 8 x 8 blocks, with no palette defined so each frame of animation and background plate had to be pieced together like a jigsaw, after we had fixed the colours. At times some frames had to be painted from scratch.
The only reference we had was the actual arcade machine but to see the level or character we needed we had to play it, which wasn`t exactly a chore.
Now remember, back in 1994 there was no internet to refer to and we didn`t have digital cameras so we couldn`t quickly take snaps of the particular scene were were working on.
So as you can imagine it became a long and complicated job, especially when working on the ending animations.
All in all it turned out really well in the end and I still look back on it fondly.